Welcome to Month by Month:

This blog is my own little version of organization central. We touch on just about every aspect of home, family, and holiday organization here. It is my hope that by blogging my experiences, I can grow as an individual and perhaps inspire others to try new things and think about everyday life a little differently. So please join us in organizing for life every month of the year!

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Monthly Feature Recipe Review

Today we tried the BLT soup. Now mind you it is sort of a fancy tomato soup so if you are not a big fan of tomatoes you might not like it. The recipe makes it sound a little complicated but really it was fairly simple. I changed one thing. the recipe calls for the lettuce to be mixed into the soup at the end but I simply used it like a garnish along with the crumbled bacon and bread cubes. The presentation was very nice. Served in a white bowl with the lettuce then bacon and a scattering of the bread cubes.
Everyone gave it a thumbs up and while I didn't think it would be very filling it actually was. It would go nicely with a salad as a complete meal or use it as a simple starter dish for a five course meal.
Scale 1-10....I'd give this one a 9.

No comments: