Welcome to Month by Month:

This blog is my own little version of organization central. We touch on just about every aspect of home, family, and holiday organization here. It is my hope that by blogging my experiences, I can grow as an individual and perhaps inspire others to try new things and think about everyday life a little differently. So please join us in organizing for life every month of the year!

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Holidays Through the Year

This week I have been working on my Holidays Through the Year Notebook...it is the place I archive holidays that don't really need a whole notebook to themselves. Currently it house ideas for
  • Valentine's Day
  • Chinese New Years
  • Mardi Gras
  • St. Patrick's Day
  • Cinco de Mayo
  • Summer Back Yard Bash (ummm technically NOT a holiday)
  • 4th of July
  • Thanksgiving
  • New Year's Eve/Day
  • Birthday Celebrations

(Christmas, Halloween, and Easter all have their own notebooks)

I have been working on the Cinco de Mayo section. I added a word search I found online, a colorsheet for Evan (made one for him to color and one to archive), a history sheet with facts about Cinco de Mayo, and a craft idea for making maracas. I have a Cinco de Mayo section in my Holiday Favorites recipe notebook so the recipes for this holiday are stored there. I also included a "planning list" that I typed up to use as a master list each year!

No comments: