Welcome to Month by Month:

This blog is my own little version of organization central. We touch on just about every aspect of home, family, and holiday organization here. It is my hope that by blogging my experiences, I can grow as an individual and perhaps inspire others to try new things and think about everyday life a little differently. So please join us in organizing for life every month of the year!

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thursday Thoughts

Don't forget....your Thirty Minute Thursday task is to clean under the kitchen sink. I can't believe how much difference just doing some simple little 15-30 minute tasks is making! Little things do count...so don't forget!

I love my little days:
  • Move it Out Monday: declutter & fill a bag!
  • Track It Tuesday: This will be my weekly notebook and list checking day! Starting next week!
  • Wild Card Wednesday: This will change every week based on need!
  • 30 Minute Thursday: little tasks make a BIG difference
  • 15 minute Friday: even mini tasks...make a difference!
  • Super Clean Saturday: This of course has always been my "big chore" day
  • Celebrate Sunday: Eventually I would like this to become a "low" chore day and have some fun "me" things to do on this day of the week...like scrapping, crafting or just reading a good book!!

The truth is I like novelty and if I can make it novel and fun...as well as break it down into small chunks...I am much more likely to mark it off the list!! It also helps to build a routine too...since you just "know" the special challenge for that day! So if I combine my daily "to do" list with the special day challenges...I should really be up and running...sigh...REMEMBER..we actually have to DO IT....LOL

1 comment:

BloggyMom said...

I have a specific day for everything too and I love it. Put that part of my life on autopilot. Then I can focus on other crazy things around my house.

I take Saturdays off-- just make my bed and cook light meals. No "cleaning". I knit, spend time with my guys and relax-- love it!!