Welcome to Month by Month:

This blog is my own little version of organization central. We touch on just about every aspect of home, family, and holiday organization here. It is my hope that by blogging my experiences, I can grow as an individual and perhaps inspire others to try new things and think about everyday life a little differently. So please join us in organizing for life every month of the year!

Friday, August 29, 2008

Preparing the Kitchen

Well while some of you are celebrating the last weekend of summer...well technically not but you know what I mean, I will be preparing my kitchen for the weeks ahead. Meals are going to be a lot simplier for us this fall but I am preparing to make them even simplier! Pre=preping food is the way to go and I am planning a good session of that this weekend.

1. I will dice and saute onions, peppers, and chicken. This three ingredient mix is super to use in lots of recipes....Chicken Fried Rice, Salad with Chicken, Fettucini topped with Chicken, Stir Frye, etc etc. I want to get several batches prepared and placed in freezer bags.

2. Ground Beef browned with onions. This two ingredient mix is the base for numerous recipes...everything from tacos to chili and everything in between. It's so easy to grab a bag and create a super easy meal in no time at all.

3. Diced and frozen bags of celery, onions, and green peppers. These take the "edge" off of preparing a meal and chopped all at once and then frozen are a life saver! Easy to add a handful to omelettes, stir fryes, skillet meals and casseroles, adding a wonderful flavor.

There are lots more pre-preps to talk about but these are the ones I used the most often.

No comments: