Welcome to Month by Month:

This blog is my own little version of organization central. We touch on just about every aspect of home, family, and holiday organization here. It is my hope that by blogging my experiences, I can grow as an individual and perhaps inspire others to try new things and think about everyday life a little differently. So please join us in organizing for life every month of the year!

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Budget Notebook

This notebook is one that I love and hate at the same time! I love it when I am staying on top of things and hate it when I get lack and lose track of things! But over the years it has become an important part of my household organization and a real life saver at times.

Here are the sections in my budget notebook:
  • Financial Check Up Sheet is in the very front. It has a column to list the date, online check, checkbook check, Balance, Notebook Check and Savings account balance. The only purpose this serves really is for me to prod myself to stay on top of things.
  • Calendars for the year
  • Monthly Bills: a list of all monthly bills, due dates, amounts, and a column for marking them paid, with a date, and place for confirmation numbers.
  • Contact Info And Notes: This section lists web addresses for online bill pay and any special notes, or phone numbers that might be needed.
  • Savings: This section is for recording savings plans etc. It also has a get out of debt sheet that lists paying down debt plans etc.

So that's it in a nutshell...the Budget Notebook.

No comments: