Welcome to Month by Month:

This blog is my own little version of organization central. We touch on just about every aspect of home, family, and holiday organization here. It is my hope that by blogging my experiences, I can grow as an individual and perhaps inspire others to try new things and think about everyday life a little differently. So please join us in organizing for life every month of the year!

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Tuesday Tidbits

Guess what? It's TRACK IT TUESDAY...so today's the day for lists, notebooks, budget and checkbook work....get on track and let's move through January!

I am working on some Vintage Valentine's crafts...hmmm...when I get them finished I will try to get some pics up. I love pictures because I think they add so much to a post. I am working on a heart garland. I was inspired by some of the wonderful blogs about vintage crafts and I just had to try my hand at it. I am sure mine won't be as lovely but its a lot of fun just working on something!

I am working on creating a little fairy cabinet featuring some of my favorite fairy items and books. It is a slow work in progress because of course as always time is limited. I am using a tall cabinet...ummm about foru feet tall and it has a door and four little squsre cubby hole shelves inside. The bottom one will hold my fairy books and on the other three I will create little fairy scenes...using some of my itsy items and fairy related stuff.

And I am STILL decluttering...this is one job that will NEVER go away. As I declutter I am finding some little treasures among the trash that I will recycle or repurpose and use...My goal is to get through EVERY drawer in this house by the end of 09...and as I go I am picking a purpose for each drawer and then using it ONLY for it's purpose...you know a PLACE for everything and everything in its PLACE...LOL

Another goal for 2009 is surround myself with stuff I love...now this sounds like clutter but actually not...by keeping only the things I love I can get rid of a lot of stuff...BUT one thing I have to realize is that "loves" change over time...so if I loved it five years ago fine...but do I still love it? If not....out it goes!!

Well...I must get ready for work so off I go....more later about my projects and goals for 09.

No comments: