To me the BIG part of the Magic of Christmas is in the little things we do for others...and when I entertain I try to make that a central idea of the dinner party....little cute touches that aren't really "necessary" but that makes each guest feel pampered and special...whether its a special party favor, place cards, or a new kind of wine...it's the little touches that matter the most. Everyday life is forgotten about for a while and the "magic" of Christmas replaces the mundane.
Here's A List of "little touches" to bring the magic of Christmas to life:
- Special name tags that can be taken home as party favors.
- Wine charms that have a special meaning for the guest...like a baseball for a baseball fan or a starfish for an ocean lover. etc.
- Fancy table settings...we so seldon do that at home any more so what a treat.
- Special Signature Drinks
- Little holiday desk items for the secretaries etc at work...given EARLY in December for use during the month.
- Photos of the event, printed or emailed to atendees after the event.
- A CD of photos of friends throughout the year makes an easy December party favor and will bring years of enjoyment.
- Specialty hand soaps and lotions in your bathrooms.
- Treat bags to take home....just like for the kids but on an adult level.
- Special hot chocolate
- Beautiful Christmas music playing in the background.
- LOTS and LOTS of white lights and/or white candles...so beautiful and relaxing
- Little packets of tea given at a Freindship tea to be enjoyed later.
Well you get the idea...none in and of themselves are very BIG but just little fun things that delight the senses and nurture the soul.