Welcome to Month by Month:

This blog is my own little version of organization central. We touch on just about every aspect of home, family, and holiday organization here. It is my hope that by blogging my experiences, I can grow as an individual and perhaps inspire others to try new things and think about everyday life a little differently. So please join us in organizing for life every month of the year!

Sunday, July 18, 2010

My Day at Home

For some reason, I couldn't sleep last night because all I could think about was getting up today and cleaning. Actually if you could see my house you would ask what I've been doing. It doesn't look like much cleaning is happening. But trust me, it is.

I started working on the bottom shelves of my antique china cabinet. Behind the closed doors were numerous minature tea sets...too many I say. I have been wanting for a long time to give some to my two daughters, my nieces, and my two great nieces. They are everywhere. In the china cabinet, tucked in drawers, in some other cabinets....my gosh. So I'll keep the little ones that are holiday oriented...in my holiday decor boxes and pick a few "I love it" ones...limit six! The rest are going up for grabs!

So now the bottom of the cabinet is filled with two sets of Christmas dishes and some holiday paper plate sets (bought on after Christmas clearance of course!) It will be so great when the holidays roll around to have the stuff at my fingertips instead of on a high high shelf in the cupboard.

Then the top shelf of the cupboard got decluttered and organized too. And I am re-purposing two clear (with green lids) totes so I can start buying and storing the holiday baking ingredients. I was using these two totes to store craft stuff...(I bought these little gems on after Christmas clearance one year too) They aren't very big and are perfect for the cupboard! I am feeling super organized...

Now the rest of the house is a wreck but sometimes in cleaning and organizing we make a big mess FIRST....and so it is today!

No comments: