Welcome to Month by Month:

This blog is my own little version of organization central. We touch on just about every aspect of home, family, and holiday organization here. It is my hope that by blogging my experiences, I can grow as an individual and perhaps inspire others to try new things and think about everyday life a little differently. So please join us in organizing for life every month of the year!

Friday, May 20, 2011

Kroger Deal 5-20-11

Okay thanks to Clippin with Carie and Coupon Divas I got a nice savings at Krogers this week. I even missed a couple deals but (sigh) such is the world of couponing ...sometimes you just miss a deal!


Here's how it stacks up, including a couple non coupon items.

  • DiGiono Pizzas with Wings or Cookies (Kroger Sale $5.99-.50 from a special buy ten get 5 off purchase on selected products) Kroger Cost $5.49 minus 1.25 coupons ...My cost=$4.24  I bought 4
  • Cool Whip (Kroger costs minus same buy ten deal .99)  My cost .99 I had a coupon but they didn't have the specialty flavors.  I bought four!
  • Ore-Ida Potatoes (Kroger costs minus same buy ten deal) My cost $2.79
  • Country Time or Kool Aid Drink Mix 10/$10....I stocked up for the whole summer :) TEN
  • French's Spicy Mustard (Kroger sale 1.69) minus a .50 coupon doubled= my cost 69 cents each. I bought three
  • Lawry's Marinade (Kroger sale $1.69) minus a .50 coupon doubled=my cost 69 cents each. I bought three different flavors.
  • Kraft 2% Milk Cheese Singles (Kroger Price $1.79) minus my 1.00 coupons. My cost=.79 each I had two coupons so I bought two!
  • Franks Red Hot Wing Sauce (Kroger $2.49) minus a .50 coupon doubled. My cost=$1.49 Bought 1.
  • Bread: Managers Special 89 cents. I picked up some last week for 49 cents and they were perfectly fine. Bought 1.
  • Chicken Breast. I forget the exact price. Not on sale.
Total Retail Cost= $133.15
Minus Manufactors Coupons (10.50)
Minus Doubled Coupons (3.50)
Minus Kroger Plus Savings and the 5 off deal (64.00)

My Cost: $55.15
Total Savings=78.00

Missed Deals (in case your Kroger has them)
  • California Pizza Kitchen plus appetizers (same as DiGiorno deal) there's some 1.25 coupons out too
  • Wisk: On sale for 3.99 and there's a 2 dollars off coupon out there. :( I'm sorry I missed this one!)
  • Texas Toast Kroger Sale 2.79 minus the 5 dollar off ten discount = 2.29 minus a 55 cent coupon. I didn't buy these because I had picked them up at Schnuck's for a slightly cheaper price.
I'm slowly stocking up. Over all I am working to cut about 40% off my grocery bill. Perhaps after doing it for a while I might be able to cut my current total bill by 50%. We will see. I figure for the first month or two I won't notice quite as much savings because I will need to get stocked up first.

***Footnote:
  • Those three French's Spicy Mustards each had a fifty cents coupon on them I can use later. They don't expire until sometime in 2012!
  • While I was in the store I picked up three 1.00 off any size Tide coupons that are good until the end of September 2011.

Happy Couponing!

No comments: