Welcome to Month by Month:

This blog is my own little version of organization central. We touch on just about every aspect of home, family, and holiday organization here. It is my hope that by blogging my experiences, I can grow as an individual and perhaps inspire others to try new things and think about everyday life a little differently. So please join us in organizing for life every month of the year!

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Wild Card Wednesday: Menus


Since Move It Out Monday focused on groceries I thought I'd feature menus on Wild Card Wednesday!  A while back I wrote about my seasonal menu plans. I have a five week menu plan for each season (Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter). The five week plans feature old favorites, seasonal dishes, and even have spaces for "trying new recipes".  Sometimes I follow them closely and sometimes I get off track...such is life!

Here's next weeks plan:

Sunday: Grilled Burgers (I have several recipes with different seasonings etc)

Monday:  Pepper Steak Oriental (during the hot summer months, Monday is crockpot Monday so this is a crockpot recipe)

Tuesday: Gramps Goulash

Wednesday:  Beef, Noodle, and Vegetable Skillet (sort of a homemade version of Hamburger Helper)

Thursday: Skillet Ham (slices) with Potatoes

Friday:  Southwest Chicken and Beans

Saturday:  Cranberry Meatballs

My next goal in my seasonal plans: Create a shopping list for each weeks menu....a grab and go....so I can check off what I already have and then pick up the rest when shopping. I started this but didn't get very far yet!

Here's a recipe you can try next week:

Grandpa's Goulash

Ingredients:

i onion cut into strips
1 green pepper cut into strips
2-3 Tablespoons of water
1 pound of ground beef
2 (14 1/2 oz) cans of diced tomatoes
salt and pepper
16 ounce box of elbow macaroni

In a skillet over medium heat saute the onion and pepper in water until tender and water cooks off. Add ground beef and cook until browned. Stir in tomatoes. Add salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer at least one hour. Serve this over cooked macaroni. Makes 4-6 servings.




No comments: