Welcome to Month by Month:

This blog is my own little version of organization central. We touch on just about every aspect of home, family, and holiday organization here. It is my hope that by blogging my experiences, I can grow as an individual and perhaps inspire others to try new things and think about everyday life a little differently. So please join us in organizing for life every month of the year!

Friday, January 10, 2014

Focus Weeks 2014

I decided to try and get myself in the cleaning and organizing spirit. We have still not returned to school/work since Christmas Break because of all the snow and bad road conditions. This extended break has been great but it also is keeping me in the play/vacation mode and that is NOT a good thing!

I know most people run their weekly cleaning weeks a full seven days but I think for my focus weeks I will try a five day run. That leaves the weekends for catching up on an unfinished area and for bigger household chores. I know my weekends are my general grocery shopping/cleaning times for the whole house. I suppose that will change here in a few months when I retire, which makes me smile!

Our first focus week will be starting on January 13th and the focus will be the bathrooms. Each day for five days there will be a task to accomplish related to the bathroom area!

January 13th Focus Week: Bathrooms

January 20th Focus Week: Master Bedroom

January 27th Focus Week:  Laundry Area

Each week I will post the five tasks for each focus area.  I will also post them on the Facebook group if you would like to follow there. You can find it HERE.   Just ask to join and I will be happy to add you.

I want to try blogging my experience because sometimes it helps me stay motivated but I also have a tendencies to "fall off the grid" when blogging so the Month by Month Facebook group is a quick and easy spot to post also.

No comments: