Welcome to Month by Month:

This blog is my own little version of organization central. We touch on just about every aspect of home, family, and holiday organization here. It is my hope that by blogging my experiences, I can grow as an individual and perhaps inspire others to try new things and think about everyday life a little differently. So please join us in organizing for life every month of the year!

Monday, January 19, 2015

Week Three: Organize Week

This week starts off our Organize Week....it's pretty simple...find one thing to organize this week. Maybe it will be some files, the junk drawer, the utensil drawer, the fridge....it doesn't matter. Big or small! Let's get one thing organized.

I know I know...it feels like this (at least to me)


When things get "out of whack" like they are at my house right now it seems like there is no end in sight and you don't even know where to begin. The key is TO BEGIN. Small areas cleaned and organized add up. In the process of rotating through our weeks this year we will be decluttering, cleaning, and organizing, as well as beautifying our homes. I'd like to add another concept to this and this one plays out in each of the weeks. That is to SIMPLIFY. It's so much easier to clean and organize when things are simplified. Now of course, decluttering plays a big role in this BUT there are other areas that can be simplified as well. For example meal planning and grocery shopping, wardrobe choices, cleaning products, etc. I'll write more about this a bit later but be thinking.... "Do I need 50 t-shirts or could I manage with ten?"  That is the kind of thinking that will make our lives so much simpler! 








No comments: