Welcome to Month by Month:

This blog is my own little version of organization central. We touch on just about every aspect of home, family, and holiday organization here. It is my hope that by blogging my experiences, I can grow as an individual and perhaps inspire others to try new things and think about everyday life a little differently. So please join us in organizing for life every month of the year!

Monday, June 6, 2016

Spaghetti Squash Alfredo



Today's feature here at Month by Month is Spaghetti Squash Alfredo. I tried baking some last year with simple butter and seasoning and while it was good, it just wasn't as yummy as I wanted it to be. So when visiting a friend the other evening, she served Spaghetti Squash Alfredo which was exceptionally creamy and good.

Cut the squash in half, remove seeds, brush with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic, bake for 45 minutes, add the sauce toward the end of the baking period and allow it to heat through.




She baked her squash after brushing it with some olive oil and garlic but here's a recipe that calls for boiling it.  Spaghetti Squash Alfredo (boiling method)

It was a creamy lovely experience. Not exactly like noodles but close enough to curb the urge for some high carb pasta. I would definitely suggest giving it a try!



No comments: