Welcome to Month by Month:

This blog is my own little version of organization central. We touch on just about every aspect of home, family, and holiday organization here. It is my hope that by blogging my experiences, I can grow as an individual and perhaps inspire others to try new things and think about everyday life a little differently. So please join us in organizing for life every month of the year!

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Chinese Meatballs

This is a very yummy recipe...originally shared by a Organized Christmas member, unfortunately I can't remember who. I have adapted it to the crockpot and we think the flavor is wonderful as the added time increases the flavor.

Chinese Meatballs

1 and 1/2 cups white sugar
1 Tbsp vinegar
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 cups water
1 Tbsp garlic salt (not powder)

Boil this mixture for 15 minutes then add a couple tsps cornstarch to thinken it. Cook another five minutes then pour over cooked meatballs.

Changes I have made:
  • I bring the mixture to a boil for 15 mintues but I do not add the cornstarch.
  • Pour the mixture over frozen or precooked homemade meatballs in the crock pot.
  • Cook on low 4-6 hours (I have left as long as 8)

The crockpot method, of course, does not have a thick sauce. I am planning to try it with the corn starch at some point in the crockpot but I am worried about lumps. This is wonderful served on a bed of rice with some of the liquid spooned onto the rice also. Very flavorful.

No comments: