Welcome to Month by Month:

This blog is my own little version of organization central. We touch on just about every aspect of home, family, and holiday organization here. It is my hope that by blogging my experiences, I can grow as an individual and perhaps inspire others to try new things and think about everyday life a little differently. So please join us in organizing for life every month of the year!

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Notebooks


Before you get too "into" notebooks here's something to consider. do you want your notebooks to have a "uniformed look" and where will they be stored? When I first started using notebooks to organize stuff....I must admit, I went a little notebook crazy. I used different notebooks I had on hand and purchased clearance ones in different colors and sizes. After a bit it started to really bug me...the way they looked on the shelf.
Currently I house most of my notebooks in my office on the shelf at the top of the desk. The other most used notebooks are in the kitchen on the recipes shelf. I have a few on the book shelf next to my desk but most of those are archival rather than used on a regular basis. The picture above shows my office notebooks. You will notice that most of them are black clear views (1 1/2 inch) Reference style. These just seem to work best for me.
I have four holiday notebooks, my Home Notebook, Budget/Finances Notebook and the three colored ones are for technical stuff about internet writing, Magical Holiday Home.com stuff, and the last one is a writer's notebook. Eventually I would like to convert them all to black clear view but being thrifty I can't stand to get rid of perfectly good notebooks! So if you are starting to use notebooks think about this personal preference before investing in them!

No comments: