Welcome to Month by Month:

This blog is my own little version of organization central. We touch on just about every aspect of home, family, and holiday organization here. It is my hope that by blogging my experiences, I can grow as an individual and perhaps inspire others to try new things and think about everyday life a little differently. So please join us in organizing for life every month of the year!

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Simple Tip For Busy Lives: Crockpots

Several...okay quite a few years ago..when I was a young mother...I tried using the crockpot to ease the strain of busy evenings. Never could seem to "get into it". Not sure why. I guess because of the whole "food's always mushy", 'everything tastes the same," and the belief that it's more trouble to clean up later!

But working a full time job and a part time job in the evening I have rediscovered the crockpot. In doing so I am always on the search for GOOD recipes in the crockpot. Food is too expensive, I am not going to settle for bland or overcooked foods. I have put up several of our favorites here at Month by Month.

If you haven't used your crock pot in awhile I suggest you drag it out and dust it off. This is an awesome time saver for busy lives! I have two sizes, one average size one and one larger one. I have discovered that putting the right amount of food, in the right size crockpot is important. Also pay specific attention to whether the recipe calls for a low or high setting. The right amount of liquid is also very important.

I have an awesome, very, very simple meatloaf recipe for the crockpot which I will share with you soon. And YES it does get brown in there! Yummy, and so easy to mix up the night before and pop in the crockpot in the morning before work. I try to use the crockpot at least once or twice a week! I'll get you that meatloaf recipe soon and I've got a couple new ones I want to try also.

As always, I notice there are a lot of you readers out there....feel free to post comments or leave a message on the mini board...I love hearing from you and knowing what you are enjoying reading about or if there are other things you are interested in hearing more about!

No comments: