Welcome to Month by Month:

This blog is my own little version of organization central. We touch on just about every aspect of home, family, and holiday organization here. It is my hope that by blogging my experiences, I can grow as an individual and perhaps inspire others to try new things and think about everyday life a little differently. So please join us in organizing for life every month of the year!

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Keeping a Home Journal

A home journal is a place to dream, plan, envision, and reflect on making the house you live in, not just a place to sleep at night but a HOME. With our busy lives, our homes should be safe, functional, but most of all a comfortable oasis for relaxing and recharging.

You can use a plain spiral notebook, an artistically altered notebook, a purchased journal or even a blog. If you are buying a journal I would suggest a somewhat larger sized one. (at least 81/2 by 11) rather than the smaller versions. Sometimes I like to include photos torm from magazines and therefore a bit larger is better for me.

You may be curious about what goes in a home journal. Well fear not! There is no right or wrong but I do have a few tips and ideas to get you started. I'll be back either later today or early tomorrow to post the first one...in the meantime be thinking about what kind of journal you will use. I am using a REAL journal and a BLOG...so I can share with you my actual writing for the different exercises we will be completing BUT more about that later!

No comments: