Welcome to Month by Month:

This blog is my own little version of organization central. We touch on just about every aspect of home, family, and holiday organization here. It is my hope that by blogging my experiences, I can grow as an individual and perhaps inspire others to try new things and think about everyday life a little differently. So please join us in organizing for life every month of the year!

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April 2008 Personal Life Goals

This month my goals are going to be a little different. They are going to focus more on changing attitudes and fostering a positive outlook. When I originally started the personal goals I tried to focus more on "process" rather than having an end result or finished product. I have enough "to do" lists as it is...LOL. So this month I am going to try to put a "process" twist on the whole goal list and see how that might or might not change things.

Marriage: Foster a more respectful attitude. Even when I get frustrated and annoyed.

Family: Evaluate climate in our home. Work toward calm, supportive, and nurturing.

Friends: Develop and positive and strengths based tone to emails, discussions, and exchanges (not just venting)

Self: Practice self talk and meditation focused on finding inner peace and calmness.

Home: Comtinue decluttering and develop a calm, simplified home

Work: Foster a positive, dynamic attitude toward problems. Let go of those that can not be changed.

Hobbies: Create a better work space. Buy lamps for extra lighting and continue to declutter. MAKE something...anything!!! Have fun with the process...don't worry about the end result.

Spiritual: Cultivate a "renewal in spirit" attitude. Each day is a fresh start!

No comments: