Welcome to Month by Month:

This blog is my own little version of organization central. We touch on just about every aspect of home, family, and holiday organization here. It is my hope that by blogging my experiences, I can grow as an individual and perhaps inspire others to try new things and think about everyday life a little differently. So please join us in organizing for life every month of the year!

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Re-purposing

One of the things I love to do to keep my home looking fresh and different is to use things in different ways. Some of the items I re-purpose are common household things used in different ways or in different rooms. Some of the things are older items used in a new way. Here are a few examples:
  • Use a terra cotta flower pot as a utensil holder in the kitchen or with spring here...think about using pots to house patio items like plastic ware, napkins, small candles etc.
  • Use a craft organized or lure box for jewelry. I also keep my wine charms in one
  • Use wine glasses filled with beautiful stones to create centerpieces
  • Use a utensil holder as a desk organizer
  • Use magnetic picture frames as note holders on the fridge...just slip the paper in and out to change announcements
  • Mug racks in the bedroom for jewelry and scarves
  • Use old pots as planters
  • Use leftover baby wipe containers to create craft kits
  • Old recipe boxes make good containers for filing birthday and other occasion cards

I am sure I have tons of other items I use....more lately when they pop into my mind or sight!

1 comment:

BloggyMom said...

I use a recipe box for my homemade greeting cards-- just perfect !! They stay safe and not get wrinkled... I can quickly grab a card and mail it off real quick!!