Welcome to Month by Month:

This blog is my own little version of organization central. We touch on just about every aspect of home, family, and holiday organization here. It is my hope that by blogging my experiences, I can grow as an individual and perhaps inspire others to try new things and think about everyday life a little differently. So please join us in organizing for life every month of the year!

Saturday, July 26, 2008

My Pre-Holiday Plan...Plans

The Houseworks Holiday Plan starts August 31st....how can that be...the year has just evaporated. Well, every year...try as I might...I never make it through the plan. So this year...I got to thinking....part of my problem is...I try to do it ALL during one plan. What I really need to be doing is establishing my routines...get on track again BEFORE the plan starts. Returning to work next week...makes me realize that I goofed around a lot this summer...LOL....okay it happens to the best of us...doesn't it?

So I will be working my daily routines EVERY day between now and August 31st...no exceptions...and I will do our Special days....like Move it Out Monday...whenever possible I will make the special day project...fit in to the room that's on my daily rotation! Bit by bit...I'll be on track and then it will just be a matter of adding the Houseworks Holiday Plan....AND this year it is going to be simplified....can't do everything...so I will take seven items each week...and do ONE each day...that's.... it just one of the household chores...AND I will add three-five holiday prep items per week during September/October and then November I will most likely increase those...my goal...is usually to be done with all Christmas shopping/chores etc by December 10th...I never have made it...so this year I plan too!!!!

To make all this happen....first routines, then SIMPLIFY....and even with just a few extra things accomplished I will be ahead of the game. So tomorrow...I'll follow my routine and do a tiny bit of holiday prep by updating lists and getting some stocking stuffers and 24 days of Christmas gifts into one organized storage spot!!

No comments: