Welcome to Month by Month:

This blog is my own little version of organization central. We touch on just about every aspect of home, family, and holiday organization here. It is my hope that by blogging my experiences, I can grow as an individual and perhaps inspire others to try new things and think about everyday life a little differently. So please join us in organizing for life every month of the year!

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Update on Grocery Project

Well as I wrote earlier...I am trying to make it until August 23rd before I take another trip to the Budget store...last time we used Save a Lot but this month it will be a trip back to Aldis. Most of our canned goods are still in good shape. I must say that my weekly trips have been somewhat less but not down to the level I'd like. So I will continue to work on that.

I am considering adding paper products and laundry detergent as well as some other monthly supplies to the Aldis list this go round and see how that works. Honestly it seems like I go down several aisles in Walmart without picking up anything so I always hope for bigger savings. I am just wondering if grocery prices are up that much. I estimate that I am saving about 25 weekly with the monthly shopping trip but I'd like to increase that to a 50 dollar savings.

I also need to clean out the pantry...AGAIN...so I can make the rest of August and into September's menus...then I will be using up some items I stocked up on but honestly I have been working most of the stuff into our menus pretty regularly.

I am not giving up however...I figured at least six months to really fine tune the project and then see is it continues to make it worth while. I must say regardless of savings...it is nice to be stocked up and just to open the cabinet for something!

No comments: