Welcome to Month by Month:

This blog is my own little version of organization central. We touch on just about every aspect of home, family, and holiday organization here. It is my hope that by blogging my experiences, I can grow as an individual and perhaps inspire others to try new things and think about everyday life a little differently. So please join us in organizing for life every month of the year!

Friday, December 26, 2008

January Journey 2009

January Journey is a "girls only" event that I am organizing to give us something to look forward to after the busy holiday season. The name came to me as I was trying to think of something to "jazz up" the new year and give my friends and me a little TLC time. In essence the event is as follows.

1. We have booked the party or "conference room" at the local Comfort Inn. We can spend the night but we need to bring pillows and sleeping bags. This Comfort Inn has an indoor pool and hot tub. There's also a kitchen and TV in the conference room. While we are using a rented room...you could easily host this at someone's home.

2. Each participant is to bring their high school year books, a movie that was popular when they were in high school, a bottle or two of wine, and an appetizer. Thus the JOURNEY through the decades actually because our group of women will represent the 70s-2000s.

3. We are planning to have lots of good times....laughing and talking about the year books, watching SOME of the movies, and swimming and using the hot tub. We may also play some games from our HS years. But mostly the event is for good conversations and lots of laughs....sort of a group CELEBRATE ME event!

Here at Month by Month I will continue to share the January Journey plans as they unfold, in case this is an event you'd like to host with your group of friends.

1 comment:

teachermomof2 said...

What a great idea! I love it!