Welcome to Month by Month:

This blog is my own little version of organization central. We touch on just about every aspect of home, family, and holiday organization here. It is my hope that by blogging my experiences, I can grow as an individual and perhaps inspire others to try new things and think about everyday life a little differently. So please join us in organizing for life every month of the year!

Monday, March 8, 2010

Move It Out Monday

It's.....Move It Out Monday and I have ONE major goal...that is to get a dresser up out of the basement and out of the house to Goodwill...The drawers are actually already up here in the van...now I just need the dresser part....and to take it to Goodwill....THEN it will be GONE....such a good feeling.

I have been thinking about clutter...and not just stuff that's junk or needs throwing away...I mean all the stuff surrounding me that is really good, but two things....

1. I don't really need it...or I never really use it...

or

2. I have TOO much of it....

For example.....a few years ago...I started collecting minature tea sets (specifically I like children's sets but ended up with a whole lot of minature ones...people find you like something and then you are overran with it..) They are all lovely...I recently gave away a couple of the little tiny ones...BUT I am thinking about giving away more...I get tired of having them on display all the time....and I have some packed away but really then I have to store them, remember where they are...get them out at times to display...then pack away again etc etc...CRAZY....

So all the seasonal/holiday ones are getting packed with holiday decor...that will take care of about a dozen. THEN I will pick out the ones I LOVE...and decide how to display them....I have an idea for this one...THEN I am letting my daughters pick one or more from whats left...THEN my nieces....and great nieces....if they want any....IF there are any left...to Goodwill they go...

No comments: