Welcome to Month by Month:

This blog is my own little version of organization central. We touch on just about every aspect of home, family, and holiday organization here. It is my hope that by blogging my experiences, I can grow as an individual and perhaps inspire others to try new things and think about everyday life a little differently. So please join us in organizing for life every month of the year!

Sunday, August 22, 2010

August Plan Update #2

Room of the Month: The kitchen.....this is still not udner control and I have one week of August left...okay 9 nine days....lol. I have manged however to make REAL progress in the office...I don't know i was just inspired to do it...I have more to dp to the office but it looks a lot better!
Focus of the Month: Clothes....Today is laundry day...so this evening I will work through a basket or two of clothes that are just lingering in the laundry room and see if I can get a bit more accomplished with this focus area!

Living My Life: This is a hard one for August because things are rather hectic but I have manged to schedule: Trip to zoo on August 29th (weather permitting), Schenck Girls at the Lake-Autumn for weekend of October 2nd.



THIS WEEK'S PLAN:

Sunday: Laundry and Bedroom:  I will clean what I can on the bedroom during the day and then work on laundry in evening while watching TV in family room (which is close to laundry room!)

Monday: Kitchen: I will clean the fridge and work on the cupboard again! The cupboard seems to be a never ending story!

Tuesday:  It's Tuesday in Paris as some of my fellow MHH members say. Bathrooms!! This isn't a huge chore but one that seems to take some motivation!

Wednesday:  Livingroom...It's usally a bit of a mess by midweek so hopefully this will make it easier to clean on the weekend!

Thursday: This is our "girl's night out" so no room!

Friday:  Office...I'm not sure I will always be able to manage this on Fridays. It will depend on my schedule etc. but I think it is a good goal to set because if I keep at it...the office will just need a quick pick up and the desk top to be cleaned off!

Saturday: This is MAJOR cleaning day as well as grocery shopping...so floors, vacumning, etc. I am hoping this becomes easier if I stick with the room a day routine. This will also be the day for BIG projects like working on the garage and basment. So I may alternate ...like one week MAJOR cleaning, next week garage, next week MAJOR cleaning, next week basement. There's a lot to do in both the basement and the garage. I got a good  start in the garage in the spring but then hot weather pretty much put a stop to that, Time to get back with it!!

No comments: