Welcome to Month by Month:

This blog is my own little version of organization central. We touch on just about every aspect of home, family, and holiday organization here. It is my hope that by blogging my experiences, I can grow as an individual and perhaps inspire others to try new things and think about everyday life a little differently. So please join us in organizing for life every month of the year!

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Declutter Club Update Week One

I managed to get through the first seven things on the declutter calendar this week. Sometimes when I have the time I just do two or three from the week in a row because I know there will be another day where it is difficult to get to them. One of the items was to declutter spices. My spice cabinet is always a mess and I can never find anything without digging. I thought about getting some plastic baskets to sit the spices in but then I rememberd I had a couple of old wooden boxes that might work!
It's too early to tell if this will work well or not but the idea is I can just pull the boxes out and look for a spice, select what I want and then pop them back in the cabinet.  Later on I want to use a black marker on the caps that are not black and write the spice name on the top so I can see it when I look at the tops of them in the box!
I also managed to work on my major focus area this month....the laundry room. I donated one big bag of clothes to AGAPE and threw away one big bag that were just too old and worn to do donate! There's still more to do in the laundry room because I need to catch up on laundry and find some way to store some of the remaining clothing!

So far, 2012 Delcuttering Club is off to a great start!!

No comments: