Welcome to Month by Month:

This blog is my own little version of organization central. We touch on just about every aspect of home, family, and holiday organization here. It is my hope that by blogging my experiences, I can grow as an individual and perhaps inspire others to try new things and think about everyday life a little differently. So please join us in organizing for life every month of the year!

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Menu Planner

I decided recently to create a menu planning notebook. I currently have two notebooks that I use for this purpose but they have never been fully organized and I have sort of neglected them of late. Included in the two notebooks (one for Autumn and Winter, and one for Spring and Summer) are seasonal menu rotations that I developed a couple years ago. Each season has five weeks of menus that you can rotate through the season.

Right now I am leaning more toward monthly menu plans (a whole years worth) but I also wanted a section in the notebook for the seasonal menu rotations. I might use them again sometime or at least use weeks or parts of them in the monthly planning. So I created a little divider page for the Seasonal Menu Rotations (shown above). I am trying to make the notebook "pretty" so that I tend to use it more often.

I also ordered an actual personalized binder from Zazzle to be the Menu Planning Notebook. It should arrive in a week or so and when it does I'll post pictures and some more details about the monthly sections.

Do you plan weekly? monthly?  seasonally? or a whole year at a time?  I'd love to hear about how you menu plan. 

No comments: