Welcome to Month by Month:

This blog is my own little version of organization central. We touch on just about every aspect of home, family, and holiday organization here. It is my hope that by blogging my experiences, I can grow as an individual and perhaps inspire others to try new things and think about everyday life a little differently. So please join us in organizing for life every month of the year!

Friday, July 25, 2014

The Great Grocery Challenge Week 2


What do you consider a "savings"?  Do you need it to be a dollar or change or at what point do your "saved" amounts to something?  The Great Grocery Challenge is something I've been doing for a few years now. It's my own little "hobby"  Some of my friends think I'm a bit crazy because I get excited about savings and it doesn't have to be a huge amount. Some think that clipping coupons is just too much work for the "savings" that you get. It's a game to me. It's a challenge and I like "beating" the grocery store mega-beast!

This week I added another little weapon to my arsenal. Ibotta. Everyone has been talking about it and I've seen it in ads and on Facebook but I'd never taken the time to investigate it. Well its worth the look.

By the way if you happen to decide to check it out I would love if you would use my referral code when you register for Ibotta. It is lwadxwc  I invite you to join my team and together we can save money. Go to your smart phone apps and type in Ibotta. It's free and if you use my referral code when you register we can be on the same team and as our team saves money we get bonuses and save even more! It's CASH back and you can still use your regular coupons too.

Here's how this weeks savings stacked up:

Justin's employee discount: 11.05
Paper coupons: 19.27
Ibotta rebates: 5.25
Extra Ibotta bonuses: 2.50

Total= 38.07

Now 7.75 of that is actual cash back. After you accumulate 5 dollars on Ibotta you can send it to your Paypal account where it's just like cash! You can also use it to buy gift cards.  When you look at it and there are little "pay offs" like 25 cents or 50 cents you might think why bother but it adds up quickly just like a change jar!

Happy Savings!!





No comments: