Welcome to Month by Month:

This blog is my own little version of organization central. We touch on just about every aspect of home, family, and holiday organization here. It is my hope that by blogging my experiences, I can grow as an individual and perhaps inspire others to try new things and think about everyday life a little differently. So please join us in organizing for life every month of the year!

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

The TV and Me: The Strain

The Strain: It's a new series on FX. I put it on my list to try watching. I was kind of excited about it because it starts with a plane landing in NYC with a plane full of dead people, including the pilot. The strain is let loose and the world will never be the same. It's the latest vampire virus. It airs Sunday nights at nine.



After episode one, I have my doubts. It's not the plane full of dead bodies or even the precious little girl that makes her way home after being in a body bag. And well technically she's dead. It's not even the less than effective CDC emergency planners. No it's the giant, winged, "mother lode" of a vampire that mysteriously turned up in the cargo hole and is somehow linked to "not really alive" characters in New York. That long snake like tongue that slithers into people's aorta and deposits wiggly wormlike virus strands into the hearts and blood streams of it's victims is just a little "too much."  I mean a vampire virus....that I could "get into" but this twisted plot I'm not so sure of.

I'm not giving up on it yet. Combination Dark Shadows, Dracula and Legend it's just not "real" enough to get excited about.  I'll watch a few more episodes and see if it takes the path of redemption. If not, off my TV and Me list it will go.

No comments: