Welcome to Month by Month:

This blog is my own little version of organization central. We touch on just about every aspect of home, family, and holiday organization here. It is my hope that by blogging my experiences, I can grow as an individual and perhaps inspire others to try new things and think about everyday life a little differently. So please join us in organizing for life every month of the year!

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Chaos, Clutter and Working the Plan

My house is STILL in disarray. How can this be after devising such an awesome plan?  Here's how.

In my kitchen I decided to clean out the pantry and really ORGANIZE it. The way it was set up was just not working at all. It is a very deep half closet and is really difficult to work with. The back of the shelves had become a hodgepodge of items without homes. I recently bought a food processor and a kitchen aide stand mixer which I wanted to store somewhere easy to reach.  So I took EVERYTHING out of the pantry. (the first two shelves not the very top one as I organized it a couple weeks back)  You can imagine this created quite a mess. I purged many items but the kitchen table is still full of things (mostly storage jars) that I am wondering what to do with!

 
I know you are thinking, "this doesn't look too organized" but believe me it is so much better than it was that I am delighted!
 
Now add to that the fact that I moved an old wash stand that had three drawers full of "stuff" out of the living room and into my bedroom. Thus requiring that I move a dresser with three drawers worth of stuff out of my bedroom and you can see how I have a bunch of "stuff" to do something with. Also add to this the fact that I in my ultimate wisdom stopped everything for two days to work with a box of tomatoes from the garden and make freezer spaghetti sauce and salsa. Well.....the tomatoes were going to be wasted if I didn't!!
 
Now it would be easy to just stuff things back here, there, and anywhere that I can find space BUT that's how it got so crazy to begin with. So I have been slowly sorting, purging and finding homes for the "keepers". It's a slow process and I feel like in the meantime I am living in chaos. I just keep telling myself that once I get through it all everything will be so much easier to keep clean and organized!
 
I'll be back with an update soon and hope I'll have more success to report!
 
 

No comments: